Pages

Wednesday 23 May 2012

somebody play the last post, please

Yesterday was veritable TUMULT of emotions for me, you guys.

First, let me just say: warm weather.  It is finally here!  I was so excited when I left work last night I went on a photo-snappy and twittery BONANZA recording what feels like the first day Great Britain has reached double digit temperatures in, oh I don't know, THE LAST CENTURY.*

TOWER BRIDGE AND LOOK IT! PEOPLE WITHOUT SLEEVES!  SO EXCITED!

THAT IS THE SUN.  IT TOOK ME A WHILE TO RECOGNISE IT.

LOOK! BARE SHOULDERS! SUNGLASSES REQUIRED! MANKY ASS HAIR! BUT BLUE SKY!
And then I must have been totally over-excited because in the course of losing my shit over the weather, dropped my phone and shattered the screen.  I AM BEYOND DEVASTATED.

Actually, it wasn't just over-excitement.  It was probably just that I'd conned P into having a few wines with me and I was tiddly-clumsy while fumbling for my purse in the supermarket.  Tiddly-clumsy is not covered by the terms of my warranty, allegedly.  (Side bar: we had the wines sitting in the open window of one of our favourite locals, which looks out at the neighbourhood church.  We sipped and people-watched quite a number of folk heading in and out of the side entrance to the church....and then we realised it was an AA meeting. I felt so terrible, swilling piss in front of those who have cut it out of their lives.)

I raced home to get online and frantically research fixit options for MY BABY, MY POOR BABY.  P looked at me with piteous side eye and deigned not to comment; he knows I'm useless with material possessions and had made me promise to look after this particular expensive acquisition. 

It is only 11 months and one week old.  I've never had a fancy phone before.  My last phone was a £5 clapped out Nokia.  I've only just come to appreciate the beauty of having the internet with me whereever I go, not to mention the plethora of shitty camera apps. 

Let's all take a moment's silence, shall we, for the spoilt girl who lost her favourite toy?  YOU WOULD NOT KNOW FROM READING THIS THAT I AM DAMN NEAR 30. 

*For which, read: first time we've gone over 20 degrees celcius since last summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your deepest secrets. Or your opinion on the Oxford comma. Or your favourite pre-dinner drink. Anything really, as long as it's not mean.