Pages

Monday 28 May 2012

back in business

OK boys and girls, mama has a brand new phone and can stop whinging now!  YAY for everyone!
I had it *fixed* at the Apple Genius Bar - I have to say, the process was relatively painless.  Even though they eyerolled at me when I weakly attempted to suggest that perhaps the damage should be covered by my warranty, the whole experience from entry to exit with a shiny, working new toy took half an hour.  Not sure where some of my apps went (I'm sure I backed up?) but I'm not complaining (too much).  Far better than the suggested service timeframe and price quoted to me by Vodafone, that's for sure.

We spent the weekend with P's fambily and it was good.  Village fete was a blast (straw bales! knocking beanbags off poles with balls! raffles!) and we had a delicious outdoor bbq, sitting out in the sunshine for ages.  Bliss - and so very nice to get into the countryside again for a few hours. 

Irrefutable proof that summer has arrived from yesterday (post-picking up the new phone, obvi):

WOULD I* BREW UP A JUG OF PIMMS WITHOUT GOOD REASON?
*FOR I, READ P.  I MAKE HIM DO THESE THINGS FOR ME.  SUCH A GOOD WEE HUSBAND.  HE PUTS UP WITH IT BECAUSE HE THINKS I'M EASY WHEN I'M DRUNK

But just in case you thought I was changing the tune from Doom & Gloom to Sunshine & Roses, the weather forecast for Croatia next week is looking a little dim.  Have I mentioned we'll be on a boat for a week?  Have I mentioned I get seasick? 

IN OTHER NEWS: what is it about 4.33pm on a Monday that makes me want to smother a french stick in butter and cram it in my cakehole?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your deepest secrets. Or your opinion on the Oxford comma. Or your favourite pre-dinner drink. Anything really, as long as it's not mean.