Pages

Wednesday 17 April 2013

update on p: family violence is not ok

P, with a seriously swollen nose and two black-ish eyes, is being asked on the regular if everything is ok at home.  Poor old P, I think he can see the funny side of his wife breaking his nose in the middle of the night with a savage if unintentional headbutt, but it's still getting a bit old having to explain himself to all + sundry.  Luckily, I managed to crack his nose along an old break, so he didn't have to have it rebroken/aligned. 

In the wee hours of the morning, having finished losing my shit and cleaning up my husband/all the blood (ALL THE BLOOD), I was wide awake.  Wired from the events of the night and wary, in case P choked on blood in his sleep or god forbid I had a further episode of terrors.  This led to a bit of a google session on my phone:

"I broke my husband's nose"

"Nose broken night terrors"

"fuckity fuck fuck I headbutted his face"

& variations on the theme. 

Do you know what?  I am not the first woman in the world to have broken her spouse's nose during an episode of night terrors.  I found a message board relating to exactly that scenario, upon which the responders detailed savage night beatings of their bedmates.  I felt so much better afterwards but also marginally horrified at the nocturnal violence being perpetrated worldwide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your deepest secrets. Or your opinion on the Oxford comma. Or your favourite pre-dinner drink. Anything really, as long as it's not mean.