Pages

Thursday 11 April 2013

a+p do melbourne

so apart from beating my husband at night, I've been working about a billion and THAT'S RIGHT I went to Melbourne!

So great.  SRSLY.  27 degrees, sunshine (+ a shower or to, to be fair), sights, eats etc.  We had a lovely time.  So lovely in fact, that we made it home at 6.30am on Sunday morning after an extended sesh in the Laneways bars and at the Supper Club.  I have not done that since I was about 20 (I think the closest was the time I "tipped" the cab driver my camera by accident in NY at about 4am following an East Village bender with V and L - got into the apartment and fell off the bed taking my boots off while P watched in wonder) (I lie! It was the time I hit Shoreditch with the girls and got hit on by Essex lads with too much cologne at the Hoxton Pony and ate pizza on the roadside, possibly my favourite night in London ever).  Mind you, this was not a dance party.  Our particular brand of being 30 is much more old fogey than that.  We sat for ages in a bar that resembled a womb (red leather dangly trimmings and vulval couches), another that featured outdoor lavs but served something delicious with lychee and eventually ended up in comfortable sofas at Supper Club, sipping red wine, eating cheese and talking, talking, talking. 

AS PER, TOOK FUCK ALL PHOTOS AND AM REDUCED TO USING A VAIN ONE I TOOK TO CAPTURE AWESOME SHOES.  NAH, I'M NOT ASHAMED ACTUALLY - ROCKING SOME EXCELLENT SKINNY ARM TOO SO BUGGER THE TERRIBLE QUALITY, I'VE FILTERED THE BEJESUS OUT OF IT AND YOU'RE JUST GONNA HAVE TO LOOK. EXCEPT NOT AT MY FACE, WHICH IS A BIT OLD LADY-ISH.  LONGEST POINTLESS CAPTION EVAH.
We caught up with old friends and I probably used my yearly word quota in yakking away - just bliss. 
P (29Y364D) + A (NOT ME, T'OTHER ONE) + VIEW

More importantly, I think P had a great time.  Happy 30th P, and here's to many more decades of bad behaviour with you.

(I really hope our trip trumps the bad memories of the nosebreaking incident of 2013...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your deepest secrets. Or your opinion on the Oxford comma. Or your favourite pre-dinner drink. Anything really, as long as it's not mean.