Pages

Wednesday 28 August 2013

we may own a table

In a fit of avoidance-based mania, I just bought a clock.  It is a very nice station-style clock, with numbers for telling the time, hands for telling the time, etc.  I'm sure it will be extremely useful for yelling at P in the morning "hurry up it's already 7.30 for crying out loud.  STOP ADJUSTING YOUR POCKETSQUARE and LEAVE WITH ME ALREADY."  I really enjoyed that three minute online purchase but now I'm jonesing for another hit.  Quick, it's time for distraction before I buy $45 cushion covers what have no cushions in them (you KNOW that if I buy them, I'll never get round to finding inners / finding inners what fit, right?)

Speaking of purchases, I suspect that P went and ordered a huge ass dining table today that cost a fortune and has no chairs but appears to be the table of his dreams (who knew he dreamed so big? Not his wife, though she ought to have suspected.)  We are hemorrhaging funds that would be better spent reducing the mountain of debt we have (original metaphor, no? oh wait, cliche you say? go fuck yourself, I can't do any better today.) 

Wanna see?


IT WILL LOOK LIKE THIS ONE BY WRW & Co, P IS SPECIALLY "COMMISSIONING" IT FROM THEM.  CAN ONE COMMISSION A DINING TABLE?  P THINKS ITS THE BUSINESS, A GD WORK OF ART, IN ANY CASE. P REALLY, REALLY LOVES DINNER
And just like that, with a single picture of a table, this blog reached new levels of boring.  THIS FROM A WOMAN WHO TWO DAYS AGO POSTED ABOUT LAW CAMP.  Hold on to your hats, boys and girls, it's pretty exciting around here!  And it's about to get even better: my Ma and Pa are visiting for the weekend, then, HOLD THE PHONE, my sister in law, her husband and two children (you remember Three and One, right?) are moving in for five weeks during their renovation.  IT'S ALL ACTION, ALL THE TIME around here! Quick, I'm desperate to stay relevant...ummm...Miley Cyrus?  Does that help? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your deepest secrets. Or your opinion on the Oxford comma. Or your favourite pre-dinner drink. Anything really, as long as it's not mean.