I haven't really covered all the good topics recently, have I? In case you felt like you were missing out, here's the highlights package in a lovely little listicle:
- Royal baby: I approve. Post-partum tummy? Real life, mah friends (or so I am told).
- Simon Cowell's harem: well, bully for him. Sounds like a baby will upset the pecking order.
- Earthquakes: I felt one! In the office! In Auckland! That's ridiculous! Guess what! I froze! I did not get under my desk! Hopeless in an emergency!
- Hilary Mantel: OH MY GOD SO GOOD. Read her now. Do it.
- Blonde: I am heading that way tomorrow (no, not a NEWS item as such, but then does the above really count?)
- Baths: are really not that great when you hop in, inhale in preparation for a big sigh of contentment and realise that you're searing your nostril linings with the acrid scent of bleach. I think my MIL bleached the bathtub without my knowledge, which is super sweet. I'm also super clean, having bathed in dilute sodium hypchlorite.
- Names for the North and South Island: OF COURSE Te Ika O Maui and Te Wai Pounamu should be known as such. No one is taking away the right to call them the North and South Island because GEOGRAPHY.
- Oh god, I'm feeling uncomfortable. I think the gastroenteritis that has been passed round my rellies recently is headed my way.