Pages

Wednesday 10 July 2013

i don't like me much right now, either

Today I'm one of THOSE people.  Those snotty-nose-in-an-office people.   Am constantly suspecting other people of resenting my sneezy, goopy carcass (as I would them were the tables turned).  I wouldn't be here infecting others, could I ditch my responsibilities (I know, I know, no one is *that* important but in this case, I'd be sitting in bed on the phone giving directions every five minutes and responding to emails and, frankly, that's easier in this disease-incubator of a building from the luxury of my lumbar-supportive chair.  And where there are people who I can scam into making me cups of tea.)

I'm a walking contagion, just be grateful it isn't reaching out through the screen as you read this.  Very timely that we are already investigating extra insulation solutions.  The power bill at the end of this month is going to be something horrific, at the rate we've been pumping the gas heaters.  We made the call today just to wrap up warmly on the couch in the evening, under a blanket, rather than wasting more of the earth's precious resources.  Oh, and in a completely selfless move to reduce our power bill, I bought a very cute rug for the bedroom floor (selfish for my toesies!)  Wanna see it?
I KNOW.  FIRST PICTURE IN AGES AND IT'S A G.D. RUG.  I DON'T EVEN KNOW ME ANYMORE.
ANYWAY, YOU CAN GET IT HERE
It was delivered to our front deck at 6 this morning and I thought someone was in our house and fuh-reaked out.  Was very pleased to find it was just soft furnishings on my doorstep and not, say, a burglar (dressed like the Hamburglar, obvi.)

While I'm on the subject of extravagant purchases for my new home (what? You thought we were done with MAH HOUSE talk? Oh, you were so wrong that I feel a little sorry for you), I also bought an ikea situation for the TV shite to sit in/on (cables! speakers! general boy crap like that! P is OBSESSED with the sound quality in our new living room) and some bedside drawers.  FUCKING EXHILARATING OR WHAT? I ask you. 

As you were. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your deepest secrets. Or your opinion on the Oxford comma. Or your favourite pre-dinner drink. Anything really, as long as it's not mean.