Pages

Sunday 9 December 2012

public service announcement: summer is here

The yellow sun is up, the yellow sun is over the house.*  Summer has arrived in Auckland!

SATURDAY IN THE VIADUCT HARBOUR, LOOKING TOWARDS THE RAISED PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE AND WYNYARD QUARTER
A beautiful weekend of barbeques, outdoor wandering, present wrapping and getting singed around the edges.

KIWI CHRISTMAS TREE IN FULL BLOOM.  THE POHUTAKAWAS AND RATAS ARE GOING NUTS ALL OVER THE SHOW RIGHT NOW; I LOVE IT. 

*Go, Dog. Go!  A literary classic.  Which I believed until now was Dogs, plural, because that’s how my father would roaringly finish the quote – “Go, Dogs, Go!” – as he routed us out of bed for whatever weekend adventure he had planned.  He generally took us to the library, supermarket and hardware store to give Mum “five minutes peace” and plan the weekend’s DIY.  I love the library, always have, but libraries do make me want to pee and I couldn’t stand using public toilets when I was small, so the adventure was generally trying to get home before bursting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your deepest secrets. Or your opinion on the Oxford comma. Or your favourite pre-dinner drink. Anything really, as long as it's not mean.