- I never felt 'flutterings'. I went straight from believing I had those weird intestinal gas pops (you know, where there's trapped gas and you get a wee explosion in your intestines, cf fizzing) to thinking a week or so later, hey, that must be a baby.
- The movement still isn't particularly regular. At least, I don't register it as particularly regular. The pops are still there, as is pushing and what must be kicking. Very occasionally I feel something that may be wriggling.
- Pregnancy yoga is the business, still. Even though I burst into tears during quiet time once. I cannot believe I am voluntarily going to a class twice a week where I 'breathe my baby' and have to think about my terrible posture. I love it.
- I had to wear one of P's t-shirts to yoga this week. My gym pants keep rolling over at the top because they don't fit under the bump.
- Knocker growth is out of control. I am seriously concerned that Lefty is going to far, far outstrip Righty, which, given Righty's still the size of a football (or so it seems), is a Very Bad Thing.
- I'm a bit slower than I was previously. I get a bit huffy heading up the first hill in the morning.
- Everything is stretchy. My tummy, the ligaments in my pelvis - they're stretching all the time.
- At night, it's now really uncomfortable if I end up lying partly on my stomach or back. I wake up quite a bit, but am peeing slightly less frequently than previously.
- I need to pare back the meal size and eat earlier because heartburn blows.
- I really need to get organised on the paperwork for parental leave.
- I really need to get organised to think about daycare (can you fucking believe it, over a year out from when I'll need it. Calm down Auckland parents!)
- I really, really want to know who is in there. I don't usually let people I don't know inside me. But it's not creeping me out - rather, I'm curious and feel a kind of wee secret smile come across my face when I think about it.
- Tailbone is still giving me grief, but then, I've not done anything to fix it recently either.
- Wore a horrible, sacklike dress to the wedding last weekend having paid more than I should for it. Have another wedding in two or three weeks and really want a new one...but cheap heart tells me to recycle the first to make it remotely worth the price. Will wear my stacked heels come hell or high water.
- P thinks he felt the baby from the outside, when we were away on holiday. I'm not sure he did because when he thought he felt it, I didn't notice anything. I'm giving it to him though.
- I still have an innie tummy button.
- I really like Fresh'n'Fruity custard and rhubarb yoghurt.
- Good apples are very satisfying.
- I am ordering a fresh Tank C (orange, pineapple and ginger) juice almost every morning, asking them to put apple in it. I can tell when they get the proportions wrong. I am going to bankrupt myself over juice on the way to work.
- I find myself holding the bump all.the.time.
Thursday, 12 March 2015
Things I have noted about my pregnancy, recently: