- Work got done. That all-too-infrequent sense of satisfaction of churning out a job in a timely way well produced? I had it. I need to get it more often, self.
- Boss cheerily noted 'why don't you go home, you've got that report done' at 4.15. I was out of the building by 4.16.
- There was sunshine outside!
- On the way home, I ducked into Smith & Caugheys and sprayed myself with nice perfume. Such a nice (free!) treat. Doesn't take much to flick my switch, really.
- While sniffing my wrist waiting to cross a major intersection, I witnessed a car accident. That might not sound very lovely, but it was just a minor scrape thanks to a last minute swerve with no injuries, so I count my lucky stars. Plenty of witnesses to comment; I couldn't see who had been at fault from my angle and I got to keep walking.
- Home: empty on arrival. I poured a G&T ---- vacuumed, and cleaned the bathroom. Who knew that could be so satisfying on a Friday evening?
- Gussied up (I don't do that often enough!) and hit Kingsland Friday night with friends. Drinks, lovely French dinner, safe in bed by 11. Good times.
- Walked home from Kingsland with P, arm in arm, chatting, laughing. He's a good sort.
Ate my first piece of tasty steak off the giant barbeque last night. Flat iron and sirloin, if you must know. P is a culinary god: he served it with a beautiful cos and parsley salad with a simple lemon dressing, as well as his take on potatoes dauphinoise and a dab of Hot English Mustard. A man who knows the way to fatten up his wife properly, that one. It did look a little ridiculous - two wee steaks sitting on the most enormous piece of powder coated steel that could serve as a boat, should you wish to add an outboard motor. If Thanksgiving were a thing here in the Land of the Long White Cloud, I'd have a turkey on that bad boy in a heartbeat. SRSLY. It's huge.