This is about me, of course. When wouldn't it be?
1. You see Three drop his bowl of porridge on the floor. Do you:
(A) Immediately run for the cloth to wipe it up.
(B) Tell Three's parents what he's done.
(C) Huff a bit under your breath and pretend you didn't notice the problem.
2. It's the middle of the night and One is crying. Do you:
(A) Get up and calm the child back to sleep.
(B) Go back to sleep; it's his parents' problem.
(C) Roll over and huff in your husband's ear: 'will somebody SORT THAT OUT PLEASE'.
3. You're watching the telly and Three is desperate for today's 4th viewing of some dire cartoon on DVD. Do you:
(A) Say 'Bad luck Buster, auntie wants to watch the news.'
(B) Say 'Of course my precious, whatever your heart desires.'
(C) Say 'Go to bed.'
4. You're washing the dishes when you become aware of a funky aroma emanating from the tea towel. Do you:
(A) Continue washing. Ignore the problem, it'll go away.
(B) Sniff every tea towel in the drawer and find that 50% are suffering from some kind of stank issue.
(C) Fling it in the direction of the laundry and huff as you walk away from the problem.
Correct answers, if you're me, appear to be (C), (C), (A), (B). But it would appear that there are NO RIGHT ANSWERS generally with smalls. Especially when your tea towels have been inadequately washed with what seems to be effluvia of small child.
Grizzle over - just one last question:
4. One wants to play a game where you pretend to share his blanky then he snatches it away. Do you:
(A) Play once then get bored and ignore him.
(B) Snatch the blanky for a cuddle on your own.
(C) Play again and again because of the priceless smile that cracks his face every time you do it. And because he only plays that game with you.
(C), of course.