Pages

Friday 12 October 2012

grateful for my health, my family and my boobs

(Subtitle: Concerned About Prevailing Opinion on the Oxford Comma)

I collected for the New Zealand Breast Cancer foundation today.  Just for half an hour, but it's a cause that's close to my heart (and not just because my left ta-ta sits over it).  I, like many others, have known women with breast cancer.  It's tough.

Kia kaha, ladies.  You know who you are.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In other news, I am moving furniture tomorrow.  EUGH.  I have had about enough moving for the foreseeable future, thank you very much.  It's destroying my marriage and my sanity.

P and I are shuffling beds around, storing one at K's flat.  We have also purchased some flat pack furniture in another insane move, which needs to be picked up basically from the Waikato...well, East Tamaki anyway (sorry international types - FYI, Aucklanders poke fun at people from Hamilton in the Waikato as the centre of all provincialness.  To be fair, everyone outside Auckland hates Aucklanders, so what goes around etc.  OH THE SHAME to be sitting on the dividing line having had a *gulp* formative period of primary education on the fringes of Hamilton...an admission not made lightly! I digress).

Anyway, tomorrow we have to do things that are likely to make us want to stab each other.  I plan on laying down a decent stock of beer first because god knows that will work as an effective distraction technique for the moment P first contemplates wife-icide (surely there's a word for that? like fratricide but only for wives? Too lazy for google today). 

And that is about it for my exciting weekend.  Oh wait, I need to clean the house for my MIL's arrival on Sunday.  Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay for ME! I don't think she's too picky actually but 18 years of training in "what will people think?" at the hands of my mother still spins me into frantic "oh fuck we're having a visitor" motion. 

What a terribly boring catalogue of moans!  Gratuitous kitty photo instead:

SAY CIAO TO MAH LEETLE ITALIAN FRIENDS - TOSCANA KITTIES

And here are some gratuitous holiday snaps:
ME BEING A HUSSY IN ISTANBUL (CHECK THOSE ARMS AND ANKLES BABY).  ALSO BEING THRILLED WITH MY NEW TURKISH RUG - COURTESY OF MY OLDS IN CELEBRATION OF ME BEING ANCIENT
Speaking of being unbearably ancient, I failed my eye test at the drivers' licencing authority yesterday.  P thinks it's only fair cos, you know, I wear glasses and probably should while driving, but I found it HORRENDOUSLY depressing and think they ought to have a counsellor on site for such moments. Hymph.  This picture suits the marginally-blind-because-of-advanced-age mood:
MOODY AYE?  NEAR KYLE OF LOCHALSH, SCOTLAND - EILEEN DONAGH CASTLE WHICH FEATURED IN THE HIGHLANDER.  POSSIBLY THE GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME? WELL CERTAINLY ONE OF THE GREATS TEN THOUSAND MOVIES OF ALL TIME.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your deepest secrets. Or your opinion on the Oxford comma. Or your favourite pre-dinner drink. Anything really, as long as it's not mean.