Pages

Wednesday 31 October 2012

end of day

LAST, LINGERING LIGHT OF A GOLDEN SUNSET.  OUSIDE THE MAIDMENT THEATRE, LOOKING BACK OVER ALBERT PARK TO THE SKY TOWER
Auckland has the best sunsets.  I saw some lovely pastel sunsets in Europe, some hazy sunslides towards the sea in Asia, but I’ve always thought that an Auckland sunset was the most dramatic there is.  You don’t have to be on a mountain top or even beside the water to get a fiery glow in the sky.  Colours seem more vivid here, I think.  The picture above is one of the more muted sunsets we have had, but I love the palm silhouette. 

Nothing says 'you're home' like seeing a nikau palm outside a weatherboard villa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your deepest secrets. Or your opinion on the Oxford comma. Or your favourite pre-dinner drink. Anything really, as long as it's not mean.