The following is a rant about things both trivial and important that have contrived to make me feel like a sack of crap, today:
- Apparently I have a UTI. I say apparently because the test results are still pending and I'm not feeling any particular pain (thank goodness) though I pee every 5 minutes. The doctor prescribed me some antibiotics to take in the interim if any pain kicks in, but she vacillated more than seems reasonable over whether they were safe to take in pregnancy. I forgot to check the label myself, and subsequently discovered it's an antibiotic that historically does not work for my and my godawful UTIs. Great.
- Miscellaneous 'account charges' on the credit card totalling $87.
- A great aunt who lives in close proximity to my parents had a heart attack on the weekend. She's on the mend, but what the actual fuck, timing? Poor Aunt S.
- There were onions in my NO ONION salad. You know, rage tipping point and all.
- I experienced the 'shoot the messenger' phenomenon at work today. Me being the messenger. It was every bit as awesome as you would expect.
- And the final absolute fucker of a bullet point: Dad's been taken off chemo. His white blood cell counts are too low - they're going to reassess next week, but no chemo is a blow. Oh, and the day they took him off it? The day his hair started to fall out.