OK, so. Here's what's been happening in my life recently: about a quarter of Not Much.
Oh no, wait, I have THRILLING updates:
- I cut more hair off. It was a mistake. You know how minature ponies/Shetlands have those shaggy little tails (so cute) that are a bit frizzy all the way down the edges? My ponytail looks like that but more stunted and it sticks straight out the back of my head (not cute). But, my drying time has dropped, so there's that. My hairdresser is Irish and every single thing she says (that I understand) sounds impossibly fun, including getting all snippy on my mane. Hence, three more inches and a boofhead.
- We are still painting. OF COURSE we are still painting. How can ONE ROOM take so long? (oh right, tea breaks, followed by booze breaks. Liquid ingestibles (comestibles?) are my Achilles heel). I do like the paint smell, so at least that's not an issue (I also like the smell of whiteboard markers. Yes, I ate glue and playdoh as a child.)
- Spring! Is! Here!
- Lawyering and, you know, having to bring home the pinger to pay for paint by the boatload continues to be the bane of my existence. I need to win Lotto, stat. However, I don't have a ticket ever, so that's a problem.
- Speaking of Lotto tickets, I picked up two tickets plus some scratchies and cards at Whitcoulls today in advance of Fathers' Day. One for my dad, one for my father-in-law. M, who was with me at the time, asked whether one Dad would be mad if the other one won (too many ones/won, sorry). I felt hellishly guilty because what I'd been worried about was whether either of them would share with me if they won. I am a wonderful person.
- AND THEN, GET THIS, one of the Fathers' Day cards cost $12!!! I didn't realise until looking at my receipt after the fact and CHEEEEEESUS how can a greeting card cost that much money?!
- Wow, this post is crap. Never mind, will try again later.