Pages

Sunday 9 June 2013

YOU GUYS WE DID IT

WE BOUGHT A HOUSE. 

WITH WALLS.  AND A ROOF.  AND HOLY HELL NOW I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT.

It kinda doesn't feel real (more like WE DID WHAT?).  S, if you're still looking then please know that we're thinking of you guys and that when you purchase something you will think your heart is going to bust out of your chest it is thumping that hard.  And then, if you buy at an auction on site, you will wish you had your retractable measuring tape that your husband proudly brought home in a hubris-filled moment of  "for when we have a home" but then you realise that TOTALLY would have jinxed it.  And then you notice a rotten weatherboard.  And wonder where the hotwater cupboard is and just where on earth you're going to store the excessive number of wine glasses you own.  No, just me?

(I really hope we can sort the finance now.  Otherwise I'll feel a bit silly, won't I?)

I own two beds and a chest of drawers.  A boat load of books.  Wine glasses, obv.  No couch, fridge, washing machine, table, chairs - anything else.  The place will be a disaster zone for weeks.  It needs painting and it's only partially renovated, so the bad news is: welcome to blog posts of the future!  Wherein I whinge about my home!  I kid - sort of.

We rang the fambily with the news.  We've got good news, we said.  The family, despite knowing we've been househunting for oh, say 5 months, immediately guessed I was pregnant.  Way to be a disappointment to your nearest and dearest, A.  Instead we just invited them over for a working bee.  Poor sods. 

WE BOUGHT A HOUSE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your deepest secrets. Or your opinion on the Oxford comma. Or your favourite pre-dinner drink. Anything really, as long as it's not mean.