|LOVELY LAKE WAKATIPU. WAS MUCH WARMER THAN IT LOOKS; MAH PHOTOG SKILLZ SADLY LACKING IN ACTUALLY CAPTURING THE SCENE|
|IF YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH QUEENSTOWN, HERE ARE SOME FACTS: IT IS IN THE DEEP SOUTH, IT HAS MOUNTAINS AND IT HAS LAKE. LOVELY.|
|GLORIOUS VIEW OF FAREWELL SPIT AND GOLDEN BAY AT THE TOP OF THE SOUTH ISLAND ON THE WAY HOME. I'M TOTALLY BIASED BUT NZ REALLY IS THE FAIREST OF THEM ALL.|
Well, that’s my newsy little update for you all. Bit like a Christmas letter really; the writer enjoys putting it together and the recipients could probably care less. Very tempted to post a family picture featuring seasonal sweaters and an update that reads something like:
“Dear Family and Friends,
“Well it was a wonderful year in the A & P household! A few highlights of the year:
- January: We started the year with a disappointing return to work and never saw the light of day in London because of the rubbish winter sunlight hours. Seasonal Affective Disorder FTW!
- February: We got MARRIED! Here are 50 bazillion photos of the Big Day for you to peruse.
- March: Went back to work and sulked; decided to quit and return to NZ on flimsy basis of “it means we can have a nice holiday on the way back”
- April – May: planned said holiday on work time, in between fits of sulking about rubbish Spring weather in London. Got really boozed in Bordeaux, ate stuff in Amsterdam etc, etc.
- June: Started our Big Trip! Here are 50 bazillion photos from the first part.
- July-August: More Big Trip! Look at some more photos you suckers! Mostly unedited and seriously repetitive because one photo of the Blue Mosque is simply not enough!
- September: We arrived back in NZ and promptly remembered about this Nation’s serious lack of proper insulation! Got chilblains immediately, bitched about losing our tans and attempted to recover from bowels of death! Started work in our new jobs.
- October/November: Whinged at one another regarding how HARD full time employment is. Continued oversharing about our bowel problems.
- December: Began resenting our beloved families who we moved back to NZ to be closer to because they care about us and would like to spend Xmas with us. Aren’t we just peachy?
“Isn’t that lovely? In summary: we travelled, we drank, we wed and, most of all, we poohed.
“All our love, A & P”
A bit early for that sort of palaver; I must be getting my Xmas spirit(s) on.