My technological issues are now sorted and I am back, bursting with so many words I hardly know where to begin.
- my son W is four months old.
- my dad is still alive. Just.
I think those are the most important things. My life revolves around W (or Fink, if you prefer. As in Rat Fink, the finky wee boy he is), trying to support Mum as best I can and spending time with Dad.
Other, less important matters of note since we spoke last:
- postpartum is no joke.
- P has taken to fatherhood like a pig in muck, no surprises there. He's a gem.
- I'm trying to write a select committee submission on the medically assisted suicide provisions of a new bill in Parliament. I want my lawyer self to do it, applying her reasoned and dispassionate mind, but my emotional self is a giant hindrance.
- Fink is adorable and I want to say so many trite things about motherhood and our relationship that have been said a million times before but oh! I didn't understand them before there was a Finky in my life!
- Work, motherhood, parental leave: I've been thinking (yes, it hurt).
No doubt all of the above will be explored in days to come, now I've been enabled with access to this here blog and the means to write. Why yes, I've no doubt this blog will smack of tedious mumsiness, but it has always been more personal journal than anything else, so no surprises there. I mum, therefore I wax mumsical. It will also be mournful, I expect.
I've missed this.